Saturday, November 13

Four-song set

So I just finished a kick-ass four-song set earlier tonight on the wintry patio (cold breeze/blistering ceiling heaters) of a local/chain Johnny Carino's restaurant. I went electric after all (was considering an acoustic set) and did self-modified solo cover versions of Hotel California, American Pie, City of New Orleans (actually, Kristen wrote this one) and REM's Man on the Moon. Crowd (if 20 people is a crowd?) probably enjoyed it (if you were there, feel free to refute/confirm in comments). My singer-songwriter days seem to have begun for real.

What am I not telling you? Oh yeah, well, it was only an office party, a going-away gathering (spouses, kids, etc.) for a friend/co-worker/former boss Maria who's been doomed to leaving ever since our department went through a euphemistically labeled "transition" two years ago. Others lost jobs much more clearly and quickly; don’t think anyone lost one quite so slowly/painfully. Anyway, it was just as you expect/fear, and I only mangled a few chords (stupid Dm) and lyrics a couple of times. I think I was even louder than the Muzak.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?