Monday, November 15

Recent films

"Hero," which we saw in its re-release Thursday night at the second run cheap seats facility, is visually stunning, a true cinema experience. Be a perfect double feature with another fav of mine, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Saw "Saved" at home Saturday night and I think I liked it. Doesn't really work as a comedy (I laughed twice maybe) and it's not quite sarcastic enough considering the material, but it's almost there, and clearly worth watching as an alert to the dangers/mind-sets of born-agains (with Bush having four more years now). Might make my kids see it so they can keep their defenses up.

My favorite line was (of course) used in the commercials and previews:

--> Hilary Faye [throwing a Bible at Mary's back]: I am *filled* with Christ's love!

Also watched most of the always quotable "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" (Ted: "As you can see, Genghis greatly enjoys Twinkies because of the excellent sugar rush.") on TV Saturday night and the Muppet/Bowie collaboration "Labyrinth" on Friday night.

And I can't say enough good things about The Incredibles, which we saw twice last weekend. The insurance office scenes (perhaps because they cut so close to home) are hilarious/perfect, and I like the whole James Bondian aspect of the last two-thirds of the film.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?