Monday, November 29

Word count

This afternoon, around 4:30 p.m., I crossed the 50,00 word count plateau in NaNoWriMo 2004. I was way behind pace most of the month (I was at 11k on Nov. 17, and still at 21k as late as the morning of Nov. 24, and only with a couple of near-heroic days (if I say so myself) did I claim a coveted winner's button. I put up 7007 words today, 10,403 word yesterday, and 5694 on Friday. So the four-day weekend saved me, as expected, with a little assist of taking this afternoon off from work to finish up.

The novel itself is showing some progress. The first 20k was mostly just wandering around, looking for people and things they could do, but it seems I hit my stride around then and while it's not finished (maybe I'm 2/3 of the way?), I'm done with 10,000 word days for sure. I like the story and the people, too. So not only did I clear the magic 50k mark, I like what I've got.

My pal Jared cleared the 50k hurdle on Thanksgiving, and my brother was approaching the half-way point when I talked to him last night, which was his goal this year.

See you next year, NaNo folks. And you, too Tabers. You can do it with us next year.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?