Monday, December 6

If a tree falls in the forest

Does anybody read it? So I've been doing this for a month or so now, and am starting to get a feel for it, for what it is, or what it could be. It's about living a normal life on the edge of nowhere. It's a place to tell family what's going on. It's a place to tell Californians who might be considering moving here (that's you, Analese {and to a lesser degree you, Maddog}) what it's like to live here. It's about cataloging reasons why we in turn should consider moving to Austin, or Flagstaff, or Santa Fe or California (not that we'll move any time soon, kids, just, you know, after you graduate from college...). And I guess because of who I am, it's a place to share some political thoughts, to help change the world, or actually, to understand it better. That's it. I want to explain what it's like to live here, in red state land as a person of blueness. I haven't really done that yet, but I think about it a lot. It's on my mind: how do we get along? And what's wrong with them, anyway? (Not that anything is wrong with them, they just see the world differently.)

The point of this post is I've only told three people of the existence of this blog, yet, Kristen, Krell and Jared. Feedback has been encouraging. And I'm enjoying it. So I guess it's time to expand that audience. If there is an audience, that is. And I'm fine if there's not, since this mostly serves as an echo chamber to set free some of these thoughts that have been cooped up inside my head. But more readers would be interesting, too.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?