Thursday, December 9

No beliefs?

No beliefs? Well, that might be a bit too much. You have to believe in some things: Santa Claus, for example. Rally caps. Guitar solos. Mimes. A toasted grilled-cheese-and-onion sandwich (on sourdough!). Road trips. That Lee Harvey Oswald had someone on that grassy knoll. Children. Bigfoot. The future.

Still: Whenever self-appointed fanatical religious leaders start saying everything they do in the name of Christ is perfect and infallible and we're either with 'em or agin' 'em, we're either gol'durn Amuricun patriots or not, then it's time to get nervous. This is what scares me today: This kind of religious participation in government makes me a little jittery, same as when Colorado's own James Dobson weighs in on something

And yes, perhaps I do need to get that Roth book out of my system. I've overcome my west coast public school bias and have started an Updike classic: "Rabbit, run."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?