Thursday, December 30

Top 10 films of 2004

It's that time of year. My top films of 2004, ranked, graded and sorted.

The first list is limited to the best of the 19 films I saw in the theaters (yes, I keep a list in my calendar…)(and "limited" is correct as you can see the types of films we tend to see skews towards a certain type of audience [of which we are members due to household demographics]). The second is all films I've seen this year (some of which may have come out in '03). The third list is movies I want to see, because as I think the first two lists make clear, I've missed quite a few potentially good movies.

The Edge of Nowhere's Top Ten Movies Viewed in Theaters:

A+ The Incredibles (saw twice)
A Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (saw three times)
B+ Mean Girls
B+ 13 Going on 30
B+ Hero
B Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events
B Oceans Twelve
B- National Treasure
B- Dodgeball
B- Around the World in 80 Days

Top Ten Viewed in '04 (all formats)

A+ The Incredibles (saw twice)
A Harry Potter and the P of A (saw three times)
A- The Terminal
A- Big Fish ('03?)
B+ Love Actually ('03?)
B+ Lost in Translation ('03)
B+ 50 First Dates
B+ Mean Girls
B+ Hero
B Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Top '03/'04 Movies I Still Want to See (alpha order)

American Splendor
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (I need to see it again)
Fahrenheit 911
The Fog of War
Garden State
I Heart Huckabees
Kill Bill (x2)
Laurel Canyon
The Life Aquatic ...
The Station Agent
Spanglish
Super Size Me
Team America: World Police


Comments:
You'll like Spanglish, The Station Agent is good too, Farenheit 911 isn't bad, Fog of War is just plain frightening, and Super Size Me will make you sick. Have a Happy New Year!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?