Friday, January 28

Meeting with Jared

I had a lunch-time meeting with Jared today going over the stuff I found while reading his novel. After we ate tacos at Qdoba, I explained what I'd done and then went page-by-page through his book. It took me a couple of weeks to read, comment, note the occasional inconsistency, edit, proof and mark-up his second draft, and two hours (!) to review it with him.

I finished the work late last night, after midnight sometime, but the story was so well done that I just had to crank through the final 70 pages (out of some 230 total) as I dashed green pen in hand to the finish. It was great to do because, in addition to helping out a friend, I now plan to do the exact same thing to my novel starting Saturday (I'd start now, but we're going to see Bobby McFerrin in Greeley tonight).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?