Wednesday, January 19

Too many books....

Don't you hate this problem? I start a book - actual title: 'The hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse' -- and I'm enjoying it, but then I go to the library with my son and come home with two more books I want to read, and, shoot, while I'm here I'll place a hold on another and a fourth I'll ask for via inter-library loan so I won't see it for a few weeks (which is so cool, you always forget you can get any book in the world). Then, I start reading the second book - 'A Box of Matches' by Nicholson Baker (which, Paul, I think you'd like even though I'm only on page 21 -- and then the library calls the next day to say the books you ordered are here -- Already? Yikes -- Dylan's 'Chronicles' and 'U and I,' another Baker book which I plan to read with a friend in Austin in our first MELDAR* '05 book club offering.

So, the clock is ticking on four library books now, one that boasts a $1 per day -- day! -- fine if it's overdue (it came from the Denver Public Library), plus the chocolate bunnies book. And I've read the first dozen pages of three of them and want to keep reading each. But I can only read one at time.


*Multiple Erics Long Distance Association of Readers

Comments:
Plus a crappy GreNoFiYear-O novel!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?