Saturday, February 12

Saturday morning

Just a bit of house cleaning (and, momentarily, dog washing).

+ Work progresses nicely on the novel and I hope to find time today and tomorrow to put in a couple of hours back here at the keyboard to make some edits. And to read/edit the paper copy.

+ Got to see Connor play drums Thursday night when he played with the school's third and fourth graders on a couple of songs at their concert.

+ Started reading Siddhartha by Hesse in a new (2000) translation published by Shambala, and I like it a lot.

+ We're back from a walk with the dogs up and over the hill, and now Westley needs a bath and a foundation cleaning as next Friday and Saturday Kristen shows him at the Denver dog shows.

+ It's overcast and gray today, but not cold, good weather to stay indoors and organize an office, work on a novel, wash a dog, take in a movie and maybe even do taxes. Yippee?

+ I'm writing to you from the blue room desk and window overlooking our yard, a corner of the school yard behind us, an intersection, a clumb of trees, a thousand rooftops in the Kelly Farms development and, beyond that, the mountains of Colorado and a tiny corner of Wyoming. And a sky full of blue-gray couds.

+ Oh yeah, I didn't get that job in the learning and development department of one of the world's largest insurance companies I may have mentioned here a few weeks back. I was disappointed, then mad, and now I'm just trying to forget about it and move on, focus on the present and the near future, and fiction. Fiction is the future.

OK, clearly I have nothing to say today, so I've checked in, and now I'm checking out. I hear the water running in the tub and washing Westley is something of a two person job. Later


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?