Wednesday, March 16

Update

So, OK, here's an update on the point of this whole site: how the novel is going. I pulled it out from the stack of magazines and books next to my bed where it's been nestled (read: buried) for the past 10 days or so, and scribbled down several ideas for sub-plots or character traits that have been running through my brain over those ten days. And I reread a few pages again, and again I'm surprised by how good it is. Well, how good it seems to me. So I'm inspired of course to work on it, and I think what I'll do is re-read/edit it again, now that the whole of it is refreshed in my brain to work out the couple of kinks I noted the first time through and to put off having to actually put the seat of my pants against the seat of the chair here and really work on it. But: progress will be made! It must be made!

I also have to still: move all my fiction into the blue room office space, where I'm sitting now looking out over the backyard, the traffic on the east-west street running behind our house and watching the dusk settle over the western sky, the mountain shrouded in a thick layer of gray/black clouds. They say the wind is coming back tomorrow, pushing a front through. Today was sunny, and whao nelly, look, I've already drifted away from the point of this post: an update on my writing. So: I need to reread it faster this time, spent an hour or two a night on it for a week or two, look for places to add the things I need to add, split the chapters I need to split, and look for other tangents I can expand and build on. OK. I'm off to perhaps do that. Later.


But first: play my guitar, go out and find a replacement rear view mirror for my van (because mine continues to fall off) and fill out my NCAA bracket (for kicks). Plus, just in from the BBC via Netflix: Seasons 1 and 2 of The Office. (At some point in the future, I'm going to have to commit to this writing thing somehow, eh? What do you do with a writer whose intentions are great and habits are good three months a year? If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know via the comments....)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?