Tuesday, May 24

GreNoFiNoMo group

The Greeley NanoWrimos met again tonight, and I must say 1) I had a good time and 2) I feel motivated. I've always been an antisocial type, which explains a lot about why I write, and have never felt motivated to join any sort of writers group, but I must say it does help (just like everyone says it does) to have a group of like-minded people to hang out with. None of us reported any writing, so we perhaps decided we were just a group, but we all seemed to commit to attempting some sort of big writing 50,000 word project again in November, and to recruit another person or two and so we plan to meet again in late August to help motivate each other up to and through the '05 NaNoWriMo.

Jared and I also shared a bit of our take-aways, as we Corporate Americans like to say, from the Pikes Peak Writers Conference we attended a month ago. I swung and missed on my deadline of having my agent query letter to show off (Jared mailed his off a few weeks back with his 50 pages), but I've had some things going on. It's moving closer to the top of my list, though. Maybe later this week. Maybe even later tonight I'll make a draft.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?