Tuesday, May 31

Speaking of the industry

The big BEA -- Book Expo America -- takes place in New York later this week. I note this because my brother and a friend have been shopping a book of his essays and her illustrations on the seasons. The first publisher said thanks but no thanks, I guess, and he couldn't find contact info for the next publisher on his list. So he asked at his local bookstore.

And the owner said, yeah, they'd be perfect for your work, in fact let me talk to my buyer for you. And she did, and the buyer said sure, let me see some of it, so he's been pulling together a few samples for the bookstore owner to take with her to BEA this week to share with the publisher. See? Just like any other industry: It's who you know that can get your foot in the door, or at least the hard end of a shoelace (called an aglet, for those who care for obscure words). So here's to waiting for good news out of BEA.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?