Friday, May 6

Writers and agents

And, since this blog is supposed to be about my writing career, play-by-play of my efforts writing and editing fiction, my attempts to pursue an agent and a place for those of you in the future who wonder who the heck this eba guy is a place for me on the web, I guess a couple of updates are in order:

1 -- first and most importantly, congrats and good luck to my pal Jared who today told me he finished up his query packet and the clean first 50 pages of his novel Wrath and put it in the mail to the New York literary agent who asked to see it when Jared pitched it to him at the Pikes Peak Writer's Conference a few weeks back. He's taken that next step in this journey, and I'm proud of him and will use his success as motivation to get my package out soon so he doesn't get too far ahead of me... (You can find Jared's blog over there on the right side...)

2 -- also, I've been trading e-mail with the son of a friend who's landed an agent (the writer son) and is now in the process of shopping his novel around to publishers. It's good to hear how it's going for him, and to see that the process can work if you stick to it.

3 -- my brother has finished reading one of my novels, Balance, which was written during the '02 NaNoWriMo event. And he said it didn't suck. In fact, he said "For a first draft, it was pretty damn good." Yeah! He also pointed out a couple of things I need to revisit and look at again when I proof it next and give it a second draft. I can't tell you how thankful I am that he did this for me, but I'll try anyway: I'm so thankful. Thanks dude!

So, while I haven't written or edited a word in two weeks, I have made mental progress in moving forward, which I'll take. I'm motivated and ready for some action this weekend. And I'll take it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?