Tuesday, July 26

Time to get back to work?

Is it time to get back to work? To resume this crazy pointless dream of becoming a published novelist?

Yeah. I think so. Nothing like a rainy night to put me in the mood to get to work. So I've got a few things I need to take care of in coming months, which I shall now enumerate:

1: Write pitches for each of my better novels.

(1A: Decide which of my six novels are the better ones.)

2: Write draft pitch letters for each of my chosen novels.

3: Identify agents to pitch said novels to.

4: Sign up for the Publisher's Lunch web site to get access to potential agents (this should really be flipped/flopped with previous item).

5: Mail a batch of ten letters to said agents for each of said chosen novels by, say September.

6: Start plotting my 2005 NaNoWriMo novel.

7: Stop making lists and write. And edit. And write some more.

Comments:
8. Post a sample chapter or two on my blog so my readers can read the writings that I've been writing about.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?