Tuesday, August 16

Back to work

OK, two people today asked me how the writing was going (thanks Kristen, thanks Jeff) and another invited me to give him a book review for his literary website (thanks Nick) and I tempted a writer friend to write a novel with us this fall and I've had about a dozen other writerly novelistic thoughts today so I guess the writing is on the wall: it's back to work for me.

I'm ready. It's time. So, let's get to it.

Nick flew home yesterday (see the Anderson-Adventures blog for photos) and the kids start school on Thursday and the walk this morning was almost a bit chilly. It's time to write another novel.

(It's really time to rewrite a half-dozen of my other novels, but that doesn't interest me today; writing a new novel interests me today, you know, one that's nuanced and powerful, reflective and enthusiastic, compelling and pointless and full of good natured, laugh-out loud humor, an unironic sympathy, utter cynicism and, in the end, a book that rights wrongs, ends famine and war as we knows and leaves the reader looking forward to the movie.)

Wish me luck.

Comments:
... and you make a boat-load of cash so you can bail on your Dilbert job and write like it is fall all the time ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?