Monday, August 22

Or not

A note: The post below is all about my writing process, which when I reread and thought back to last year, I realized can also be a complete and utter lie. Last year I started writing purely on energy and distraction, as my mother had died a few days before the start of November, and I needed something to do that wasn't related to her last months/weeks/days. As a result, I wrote a very personal novel last year about the process of death, I see now eight months later, and none of what's below applies to that process. The organic process of just sitting and writing works for me, too (if by "works" you mean you end up with a novel-length piece of fiction) (as opposed to "works" meaning published and sold; this kinds of "works" I've yet to attempt or accomplish).

Is this too personal for y'all?


I also note that my post of late July ennumerating the things I should be doing now and not at all getting done, except for thinking about my next novel (the list included primarily things to sell my old novels).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?