Saturday, September 24

Saturday morning on the edge of nowhere

It's Saturday morning on the Edge of Nowhere. Kristen's at her cello lesson; Reade's at a friends waking up (likely) from a sleepover; Connor's still asleep downstairs. I've already taken all three dogs for a couple mile walk and gone for a three-mile run myself. The cat is sitting here watching my fingers type. The three dogs are all asleep on the floor within 20 feet of me.

I've caught up on the other blogs and posted below a couple thoughts I've collected over the past week. I've got a guitar under my arm and a pick in my mouth (which I play while the computer slowly uploads stuff to the net). Later today, after I mow the lawns, we're taking Connor over to the University High football game so he can play with the pep band, and tonight he plays with his church band at a Harry Potter Party for the other church that shares our building. In other words, just another day on the edge of nowhere. (Ouch OUCH -- the cat has moved to my lap, ducking under the neck of the guitar and digging her claws into the bare skin of my knees for traction.)

My brother noted the lack of posting going on here. And he notes that it's only five weeks till National Novel Writing Month. Both are accurate observations, and the latter partly explains my lack of activity on the former. I've been thinking and collecting and working on ideas for Nano.

Haven't been writing them down, of course. But thinking is also good. It's the next best thing to actually writing.

I'll try to think here over the next five weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?