Saturday, November 19

Half way for real

OK, the wind continues to blow outside and after spending an hour or two messing around and wasting time this morning, I finally sat down here at the laptop for another two or three hours and listened to Coldplay and U2 and Pink Floyd and wrote and fixed and tweaked and added color and a bit of plot and so on.

New word count, as of now, noon today: 26,055 words. So I'm past the halfway point in word count now, too. That's good. I should be at 31,666 in word count today, if I was on pace, but picking up nearly 5000 words over the past two or three hours is good progress. I may be 5,000 words behind pace, but I'm not worrying about it. Downhill ahead of me. I should have a couple more hours in me today to write, and tomorrow is Sunday with no job to go do. And next week I have four days away from the office, so I should be able to pick up a couple hours on each of those days.

What? You want to know about the book itself? That doesn't matter, does it? Not right now. Only word count matters.

But I'll admit it is going interesting ways, as they tend to do. Maybe later I'll give an actual update on the novel itself. But not now. Now my shoulders hurt and I'm hungry and the sun is out (despite the wind) and work on the deck should actually take precedence now. So off I go.
Still: 26,055. Nice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?