Monday, November 28

Three days to go

So my pal Jared is quoted in the Denver Post NaNo story about Greeley vs. Fort Collins (a local competition that's going on beyond my awareness). He's got some good quotes. (He's also got some 46,000 words, about seven thousand more than I do as of this morning when we chatted.)

So, yes, three days to go and aside from several hundred words this morning, I haven't written since last Wednesday night. I've had plenty of fun in the meantime, hanging out with my newphew and seeing movies and doing some work on the deck and (finally) hooking up a high-speed wireless net connection (g'bye dial-up!) and so on.

I was telling Jared this morning than I'm on the verge of not making it for the first time in four years. I was also telling him that in the past three tries, by the end of the month I had pretty much a complete novel, bad, sure but complete with a beginning, middle and end. This year I've got a beginning and the start of a middle. It's muddled at best. I have a lot of color and internal though, but very little action.

This morning, in fact, when I typed I just started keying in the outline I hand-wrote a few weeks ago on an airplance, just typing in the short action steps I need to fill out, mostly just to get word count. (I'm currently at 39,768 or so).

I also have time tonight to go to the library and write for an hour while Reade has a final rehearsal for her chamber orchestra concert tomorrow night, so I'll have a couple 3000 words, and I hope to stay up late tonight and write some more.

And then there will be just two more days. Two more 5,000 words days? See: it's looking iffy. Iffy at best.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?