Tuesday, December 27

And now: the future!

OK-doh-kay, folks, the primary holiday is over and while the kids are still home from school for another week, it's time to get back into the writing routine. Remember, this is the year it happens (with the solstice behind us, I'm already counting it as the new year, the new solar year at least) and this is the year I'm going make it happen. No more hemming and hawing. No more making excuses. No more lollygagging. We hate lollygaggers here at the edge of nowhere, and so it's upward and onward and a whole host easy-to-achieve writing, editing and seeking-an-agent goals are making their way onto my resolutions list. And I'm happy to report that last night I spent about an hour organizing my laptop and cleaning up a bit in my home office (which quadruples as the music room and the library and the Xmas-present-wrapping room among other things) so tonight I can get started. Until then... (slogan goes here)*.

* I just noticed it would be nice to have a theme or slogan for the year, the kind of pithy, targeted cliche-type message ("Success in 'Six"; "Keep On Keeping On!") that sums up my attitude for accomplishment that I could use to wind-up pointless posts like the one above. "Attitude for accomplishment" would actually work, if it didn't make me want to barf. And so I'll ponder that today and tomorrow and I'll take suggestions in the comments section.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?