Monday, January 30

Chapters Two and Three

I spent a bit more than four hours over the weekend (while waiting for the kids) at Margie's Java Joint in Greeley and the Cheyenne, Wyo., Public Library editing chapters two and three of my last year's NaNoWriMo novel. After Saturday's effort, I was sky high thinking "I've done it, I've finally done it" and there's no freaking doubt that I am working on The Great American Novel (no mid list delusions for me, I dream b i g ). After Sunday's longer effort, I was like, "ick. What am I thinking?" That's partly because last November I was writing the novel in a different way for me, outlining very heavily then skipping around, writing in an often nonlinear manner, and Sunday I started to see first hand the messy result of some of that. Still, I think it's saveable if not publishable.

So, I'll stick with it, and I now have 40 pages of pretty clean copy that I'm pleased with, and another 50 pages to edit and probably another 80-100 pages after that to still write (which pages exist currently in outline form, so I know [I think] what's coming).

Comments:
You are definitely going to make it. This IS your year.

I did my part this month, slaving over the final mix of 'Come On' with full cello orchestration. I will spare you all of the 30+ excessive/obsessive mixes and send the one that I think is the best.

Time for me to move on to the next one: A lovesong disguised as an arguement called 'Looks Are For Free.' Plus, a somewhat twisted song of love and longing called 'Greener Than The Trees'...

The 'Come On' cd will be in the mail tonight or tomorrow. keep on bro!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?