Wednesday, January 11

Two and four stories

I've written 2 and 4 short stories over the past three weeks, kind of at the prodding advice of Jeff who challenged me to finish something (just as he plans to finish an album this year) because I was whining about not ever finishing a project, me being too much in love with the process but avoiding the hard work of the completion.

So I've written two complete stories -- one about 3200 words, the other on the shallow side above 5,000 -- and have four other stories -- well two of them are closer to sketches than stories, I suppose -- that are in various stages, each well over 3,000 words. I've also edited the first chapter (as noted below) of the '05 NaNoNovel and done a few passes over the second chapter. All involve people who live in and around Utopia and work for All Seasons Financial, the home of so many of my stories.

In other words, I would rate the first 11 days of 2006 a success on the fiction front. I'm happy with what I've accomplished, which if you know me is a rare state of mind for me. So. There you go.

Comments:
i guess i better get on the stick... i'm hoping to get a mix done today.

i've been busy with lots of music promotion activities that take hours and hours of time. marketing is a very different game than creating. i much prefer creating.

thank you for the cdbaby.com review by the way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?