Saturday, February 11

3,500 words

I had the chance to work for a bit over two and a half hours tonight and was able to add about 3,500 words to the middle of the Les Dempsey Tries Again novel while sitting under a watercolor of blue and green lilies at Margie's Java Joint.

I also finished reading Company by Max Barry. When I bought it a week or so ago I told K only half jokingly that I wanted "to check out the competition." Barry's third novel, like his second, is set in large part in the modern corporation, which due to my day job is something that frequently pops up in the background of my novels. Company, like his earlier Jennifer Government, was entertaining, had a clever premise but is also flawed. It's the perfect sort of book for me to read because it's good enough to get published, it covers the same types of topics I'm interested in writing about, and I finish them thinking, well, that's pretty good, but I can do that. So there you go. And tonight I got 3,500 words and two and a half hours closer to doing so.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?