Tuesday, February 7

Friends and relatives

So my friend Shaw checked in today with an e-mail asking we redirect his link over there on the right to his new blog, which we've done. Shaw and I grew up together playing Whiffleball, riding skateboards, inventing sports games on paper and carpets andbackyards. He's the only friend from the old hillside neighborhood I'm still in touch with. How far do we go back? On the Bicentennial I gave him a massive headache when we were wrestling and I accidentally slammed him into the brick wall of his parents entryway. That was nearly 30 years ago. Whoops. We pioneered Frisbee golf, card football and Fantasy football in the 1970s. After college, we lived in the same apartment building and worked on scripts for a TV show, actually completing a pilot episode script (Max?) we never did anything with and working on a movie length script, too. His dream is to write screenplays, and he has some funny, clever ideas. Check out his blog. "Patience comes to those who wait?" that's his.

My newest friend Jeff is playing a gig in about 10 days, so if you're anywhere near Bloomington, Ill., check it out on Feb. 18 and give us a full report. He and I are in a creative dual in '06: he's finishing one song a month, and I'm supposedly finishing one short story a month. The current score: 100 Year Picnic 1, Edge of Nowhere 0. (I've finished a couple of stories, I just haven't mailed them to him to prove it yet....)

My relatives, meanwhile, Paul and Nick, have been annoyingly silent on their blogs. No links for them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?