Sunday, February 5

Progress report

So a good weekend of writing effort is ending... I worked for about 2 1/2 hours on Friday night at Margie's Java Joint while Connor practiced with his band. I thought it would be dead but there was an art opening going on for the first two hours I was there with a large lively crowd milling about enjoying the watercolors, drinking the wine and enjoying the guy with guitar. I remained focused and found a big problem in the middle of the novel.

Then Saturday, while Connor had his drum lesson, I sat at Borders Cafe and figured out the big problem, cutting and pasting and like a sculpture removing a bunch of excess.

Then today, I spent more than 3 1/2 hours at the Cheyenne Public Library while the kids were in class up there and finished fixing the problem in the middle and writing a couple thousand words to move the story in a good direction (if the author can be trusted to have a valid opinion on his own work).

Anyway -- just wanted to bring y'all up to speed. I've got 103 pages of single spaced 12 points Times Roman type in the service of a novel. Progress!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?