Sunday, March 5

Packing thoughts

So I was able to write for a bit more than three hours this afternoon up at the library in Cheyenne while the kids were in class, and as I was packing up feeling extra weird about what a weird hobby writing fiction is, and how it would be nice if I could just finish something and give it to someone to worry about trying to find an audience for it (i.e., an agent), I had this "great" idea: what I need to do is hire someone to find an agent for me. Just hire some college kid, an English major or something, and pay them $10 an hour to write letters to agents and package up my stories and pitch letters and track it all.

See? What a strange, strange hobby.

Anyway, three hours today, an hour yesterday and two or three Friday night, and I'm somewhere on the high side of 66,000 words. I feel like I'm probably 2/3 of the way done. But we'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?