Sunday, August 6

Wrapping up summer

So, the end of summer nears. The heat waves are over. The thunderstorm clouds have returned. I don't write, but I run and walk and ride my bike and recharge. I see I was cheering Floyd in the post below, and now we have some serious accusations against him. Oh well. Nevermind. Bleech. As Fox Mulder would say, "I want to believe."

Last week we went down to Denver to see Vienna Teng play in support of her new album. We saw her almost two years ago at a friend's house here in Greeley, and it was fun to see her at a new club down in Denver. She sounded great, and there's a half-dozen very good songs on her new album.

We're off on an end of summer vacation, heading up to the mountains for a week to attend Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp for six days, all four of us with our various instruments and varying degrees of talent. We have the house-sitter and dog-sitter in place, so I'm gonna turn off my brain, and the computer, and try to learn to play some music. See you in a week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?