Tuesday, October 17

A blanket of snow

So the first snow of the season is falling here on the edge of nowhere. We're expecting one to three inches overnight. My brother writes to say he's not going to sign up for National Novel Writing Month this year, and he's the one who told me about back in 2002. He says he's gonna try to write a novel this year, but he's not going to sign-up. So that's a bummer. I signed up again. Here's my profile.

Since I lost my novel notebook, I've been in an unenthusiastic lull. I think I have a good story, one that should carry me through November and beyond, and part of me wants to start writing it now, and just try to finish it with 50k words during NaNoWriMo, but then I pull out a book and read, or pick up the guitar and talk the kids into playing with me, or wander through the televised channels, or click through my favorite websites, or walk the dogs an extra couple of miles. I'm a little worried about getting started this year.

Or maybe all that distraction is just my brain's way of psyching up, getting ready, putting on fat for the winter. And looking out my kitchen window right now at dusk, the snow is coming down harder. Winter is coming.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?