Monday, October 2

Busy, busy, busy

Here's a catch-all post to hold y'all for a week or so: heading out on a business trip (it always cracks me up to call 'em that, because it assumes I'm a businessman, which I suppose I am since one of the world's largest corporations is paying me to go to Arizona for 60 hours) for a couple of days.

Over the weekend, in reverse time order, we saw: my son's band Objects in Motion play a mini-concert, saw The Fray and two opening bands (one a band called niece) at Red Rocks, saw The Lion King on stage in Denver and, Friday night, saw the University High variety show, featuring my son in about seven of the 16 musical and comedy acts.

I've also finished reading all of the Christopher Moore books, and liked them quite a bit both for their ridiculous, over-the-top plots, the fast pace, the characters and, behind it all, a fairly nice world view. Also read The Player, the novel the movie-industry movie was made from, and I was also impressed by it. Now reading The World is Flat by Friedman and, physically lighter read for the airplane, Jonathan Franzen's new collection of essays (which name escapes me at this moment).

TV? Been watching Earl, The Office and the Amazing Race and so far have mostly enjoyed Studio 60 on Sunset, Aaron Sorkin's new dramedy, which comes on here in about 10 minutes.

The last good movie we saw was The Illusionist, which was pretty well put together.

We've also been working quite a bit on the backyard: you should see it. A big new planter is done, big new swaths of mulch have replaced old lawns and all new very damp sod. Whew! Bring on winter!

And I've been writing a bit more on the new book, with good plans to write some more in the next couple days holed up on airplanes and hotels: my goal is it outline the first third of the book or so, and do some heavy thinking on what the *mystery/secret* thing this company is doing behind the scenes, below the surface, whatever it might be. I should know more by Thursday night.

End transmission.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?