Monday, October 30

Two

I spent some time this morning and plan to spend more time tonight fleshing out much of the behind-the-scenes information about the upcoming novel project: department names, mission and vision statements for the various business units, and, mostly, names of people, the cast of characters who might show up over the next 30 days. Trying to get everyone case into the major roles that I know exists (the main seven members of the unit, some of their management and their friends, husbands, wives, significant others and so on) and a little bit of each of their personal biographies, plus the names of another hundred or so other people to have on hand in case I need names as I move forward.

Yesterday, I would've told you I was pretty unexcited about doing this again. Today, having spent a good deal of time pondering some of this stuff, and actually clicking fingers on the keyboard capturing that pondering into a reusable format, I'm getting a bit excited. Not sure how I'll find the time, but I think I'll try to use some of the time I'll be waiting for my kids -- C is in the final two weeks of rehersals for his school play, so that's two hours a night I could sit in the library and work while he reherases, and R just found out she's been selected for the regional big high school all conference honor orchestra (as a freshman!), so she'll have some rehersal time over the next three weeks, including the next 90 minutes or so so I better go fire up the laptop and take her downtown.

Two days to go.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?