Wednesday, November 8

Day 8

A more normal 2,625 word count tonight. But I'm tired, man. Too many three and four hour days. It's wearing on me. The relentlessness is what gets me. Yeah, I got 3500 words yesterday, but now I have to go do it again. And again. I was dragging my feet tonight, not wanting to start, and K asked how it was going. "Well, it's not fun," I said. "I mean, it's fun to be done, and it's fun to actually do the writing, but it's not fun to think about having to do the writing, or sitting down to start the writing."

If I could get that part nailed, so I sit down to write for an hour or 90 minutes -- about my productive max on any sort of sustained, non-Nano pace -- for ten or eleven months a year, I would be a much better writer than this crazy three hours a day for one month.

As I've said, this is no way to write a good novel. But: it is a way to write the first draft of a novel. Quickly. I'll stop complaining and whining now and got downshift with television and the knowledge that I'm already somewhere north of 32,000 words for the month. Cra-zee.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?