Thursday, November 30

Ten best

Well, I like the end of the year for a lot of reasons, one of them being the critics lists of the best movies, books, music and so on of the year. They're getting an early start this year: here's the New York Times 10 best books.

A quick scan shows I've read exactly zero of them, but I almost own one of them: Richard Ford's Lay of the Land, the January 2007 MELDAR* selection, which I have on hold at the new local indy book store.



*MELDAR = something that starts with Multiple Erics but the rest of which I now forget. (And a happy shoutout to the other Eric in that book-reading club, who's wife is delivering their third child at noon on Friday.)

[Update: (HEY: AR= Association of Readers, I think, now that I think about it. )]

[Later: (Now! I got it: Multiple Erics Long Distance Associaton of Readers. Whew!)]

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?