Monday, January 28

15,000

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. So this time, with my current project, I'm doing it differently. First, instead of just cranking out 75,000 words in a Kerouac-spree and then never going back to clean it up, I'm going slower. I'm printing out pages, I'm copy editing pages, and I'm going back in and cleaning and fixing my e-copy and then printing it out again.

Instead of being insane, the goal is to finish the writing with a fairly clean first draft (rather than the sketchy ones filling my drawer). Not sure I'll get done by my leap year day goal of Feb. 29, but I do think I'll be pretty far along.

So, using this method, I topped the 15,000 word mark last night, and when I printed the clean copy out today I was up around 45 pages.

Comments:
Brilliant plan.
I need to get moving on mine but I was actually considering my next NaNo will be done like this. Dean Koontz does this and NEVER has to do any editing after he's done writing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?