Tuesday, June 10

Summertime

We're on the summer schedule here at the Edge of Nowhere, taking advantage of high gas prices to stay home and hang out. My nephew Nick has been in and out of town; we went up to the top of Mount Evans one day and saw REM, Modest Mouse and The National at Red Rocks another. I have a new car: a Honda Civic, replacing the tornado-destroyed Element.

Our garage is slowing being transformed into a movie set for the interior castle shots of my son's new movie/senior project, a remake/update of his award-winning Braveheart: The Musical, which he's hoping to film here in the next few weeks. What else? I run the dog, strum the guitar, watch the X-Files and sit in my cubicle during the days. Keep my eyes peeled for near-by "UFOs". I'm reading about the CIA now, after finishing the book version of Charlie Wilson's War. Loved Iron Man. Liked a lot the new Indiana Jones.

My novel? Eh. The 55 pages I've written are pretty clean, heavily edited and printed. Now I just need to get back to writing the story. But not now. Not today.

Life is good. And slow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?