Saturday, November 29

End of November

It's nearly the end of November and I can barely type a word without making a mistake. Seriously, that first sentence started out like this: I't snealry the end of novemrber and Ic an barely type a word withou making a mitsake.

Blame it on the thousands and thousands of words I've typed this month in my pointless quest to type 50,000 words in 30 days. Right now, with 24 and about 7 hours to go, I'm at 47,820. One more sit-down, and I should be there.

The story I'm working on isn't done yet, though. I had about 25,000 words on the novel before the month started, and now I've tacked on another 50k, of which I hope 30,000 are useable/keepable after I get done editing it. And I'd say I'm about two-thirds of the way done with the actual plot, such as it is.

It's hard to say, though, since it meanders so much. I worked for about three hours today at the library, and thought back to the beginning. I've started and created abandonment on about four different plot directions. My guess this is not good, at least not for a traditional story telling point of view.

But, after one more hour tonight, I should be a fifth-time winner at the big NaNoWriMo game. So there you go.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?