Monday, November 6

Day 6

Sometimes, writing is so easy. Some days, the words just go and I have to race to keep typing, to type as fast as my brain can go. Some days it's hard (see yesterday, when I just didn't try too hard and wasn't in the mood, letting myself be distracted by real life). Other days: Two years ago, I had a couple of those kinds of othe days, over 5,000 word days. And it happened again today.

I spent some time at lunch, taking my frozen burrito and my notebook down to a second floor break room where I plotted out some next steps, getting over the hump I ran into Saturday night and floundered around on top of yesterday. So that helped. Then, I had a bit more than three hours at the library to work while Connor was at play practice, and it just went and went and I could barely keep up. So now, almost a week in, I'm over 22,000 words with a 7,148 word day. Say it with me: seven thousand, one hundred and forty-eight. Whoa. It took me until Nov. 16 last year to get this far. So, there you. With a good day tomorrow, I'll be half way in the first week. Which would put me on pace for, what? 200,000 words? Insane. And not going to happen. But 50k is within sight. And the story? Well, that's secondary, of course, in this crazy game called NaNoWriMo, but I'd guess I'm maybe a fifth or a quarter of the way into it. So, it could be a big one.

Update: Well, clearly I can't do math. I'd be on pace for 100k words, not 200k. More proof why I'm a writer and not, say, a mathematican.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?